MOORE & SMALLEY PALACE SHIELD COMPETITION
20 – 20 COMPETITION 2016
1. The Competition will be played in two divisions with the Top 4 in each division progressing to finals day. There will also be, eligibility permitting, promotion & relegation between the bottom 2 teams of division 1 and the top 2 teams of division 2.
2. 20 overs per side, commencing at 6.15pm on midweek evenings (Tue/Wed/Thu). Latest start time is 7.15pm
3. For Division 1, clubs to nominate their ‘home’ night with matches to be played as scheduled with no re-arrangements. If there are ground availability issues then the fixture should be played at the away team's home venue. The Secretary and Fixtures Secretary must be informed in advance of any changes. Division 2 fixtures may be arranged more flexibly by the two clubs concerned.
4. Any player registered for the club, junior or senior, is eligible except professionals.
5. The batting team will provide the balls, which must be PS or NL stamped
6. Bowlers are restricted to a maximum of 4 overs each
7. Fielding Restrictions (excepting powerplay format at Rule 8) & Wides to apply as per Rules 18d & 18e of the main competition.
8. The first 4 overs of the innings shall be a batting powerplay, where a maximum of two fielders may be placed outside of the fielding circle. In reduced overs innings, the powerplay period shall be reduced pro-rata to a maximum of 1/5th of the total overs that remain available, rounded down where appropriate. Where inclement weather has meant that the team batting first has received more than 1/5th of the overs available as a powerplay, the side batting second shall receive the equal number of powerplay overs that the side batting first received.
9. The delivery following a no ball called for a foot fault shall be a free hit for whichever batsman is facing it. If the delivery for the free hit is not a legitimate delivery (any kind of no ball or a wide ball) then the next delivery will become a free hit for whichever batsman is facing it. For any free hit, the striker can be dismissed only under the circumstances that apply for a no ball, even if the delivery for the free hit is called wide ball. Field changes are not permitted for free hit deliveries unless there is a change of striker.
10. The minimum number of overs will be 10 per side.
11. Artificial pitches may be used.
12. If the start of the match is delayed or an interruption occurs during the first innings due to adverse weather or other circumstances then the match will be reduced by the following number of overs;
8 minutes = 2 overs
15 minutes = 4 overs
30 minutes = 8 overs
75 minutes = 20 overs
13. 3 points awarded for a win, 2 points for a tie and 1 point for an abandoned or uncompleted match. In the event of two or more teams in a division having the same number of points, the net run rate per wicket of each team and its opponents shall decide the issue.
14. Finals Day. 1st will play 4th and 2nd will play 3rd. Panel umpires will be appointed and the usual 20/20 rules will apply. Should the scores be tied in the semi finals and final the result will be decided by applying Cup Rule 7 - with the count-back based on the first 10 overs.